API Mapper (from mobile-internal)

Evan Shortiss
Hi folks,

I used the API Mapper for the first time yesterday with Bob (CC'd) and think we may have come across a limitation.

It it possible that one could add that to the API Mapper so that the q parameter can be determined by the incoming request rather than being hardcoded? From what I can see it's a feature that is missing at present, but could be supported by modifying this area[1] to perform a merge on the querystring or the saved vs. incoming request.

Of course, we'd want to add a UI option to allow users to specify which querystring params would be "plucked" from the incoming request since doing it blindly could be dangerous or have breaking side effects.

Thoughts on this?

--

EVAN SHORTISS

MOBILE PRACTICE ARCHITECT, RED HAT MOBILE

Los Angeles, USA

[hidden email]  M: <a href="tel:+1-781-354-2834" style="color:rgb(0,136,206);font-size:11px;margin:0px" target="_blank">+1-781-354-2834

Re: API Mapper (from mobile-internal)

Wojciech Trocki
This is well known limitation of API mapper.
https://github.com/feedhenry-templates/fh-api-mapper/issues/73

I think we need something that will cover all possible inputs:

- Allow to pass headers from original request.
- Allow to pass query params.
- Allow to pass query string params or entire query string.

We already have simple PR that will cover simplified use cases: https://github.com/feedhenry-templates/fh-api-mapper/pull/88
We have epic to cover this work: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FH-2942

Regards

WOJCIECH TROCKI