Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

supittma
Administrator
Hey guys,

If you have made a demo or app you don't mind sharing can you post it?  I saw a BUNCH of awesome things people had done on RHMAP at Summit and think that they should get wider recognition :)  Also, it doesn't have to be something for summit, if you made a Meme app 2 years ago link it here too.

I'll go first!

# Meme Henry

Meme Henry was a simple meme creation / social media app. It used the sync frame work, node.js libraries, and Android SDK to share memes.  It also served as a POC for some potential refactorings based on usage patterns in the Google Play SDKs as well as testing support of Dagger, Butterknife, and a couple of other things.

# FehBot

FehBot is an IRC bot written in .Net.  It has a companion app that delivers messages VIA UPS from IRC.  It also has a Auth Service that connects to Google's auth system so we can use the native Android account picker.

# StockBot

Stock bot is a VERY simple app that sends a plain text request to Microsoft's LUIS service and then performs stock lookups based on that request.  The coolest part of it was I wrote it in an hour during a  meeting.

Source : Ok there really isn't any.  It lived in a RHMAP instance that has since been GC'd.  But
imagine the Hello World app calls an API that calls another API and then calls a third API based on the response from the second and has horrible nesting issues.  You have the code :)

Re: Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

Ali Ok
Hi Summers,

# HenryVision

I have created an application that uses RHMAP and Google Vision API. You take a picture, it tells (speaks with TTS) you what it is.
The picture taken is sent to RHMAP cloud app and cloud app uses a Google Vision API mBaaS service to receive the suggestions of the object in the picture. Cloud app also uses some dictionary to get definition for the suggestion. The definition is then spoken by the device using speech synthesis API.

Video: https://youtu.be/npUtwnmuKEQ?t=1m6s (starts at the interesting part, 01:06)

(I actually prepared this demo before joining Red Hat. I was trying to understand how RHMAP works)

Cheers,
Ali

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ALI OK

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat

Re: Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

Erik Jan de Wit
Right we made a meme app too for devoxx keynote (2014 ). I couldn't find any recording of it, but Markus Eisele did create this interview: https://youtu.be/0MyvQdmF5LY and there is this blog: https://aerogear.org/news/2014/11/12/aerogear-feedhenry-devoxx-demo/index.html

The idea was that an initial picture was uploaded and tweeted with a tag. People in the audience could tweet text that would end up embedded in the picture. There was a mobile app that was used to take the picture and a web app that showed the results. UPS was used to notify the web client and the app that new memes where created. Fuse was used to monitor twitter and notify UPS. The code was done on feedhenry directly but I have saved a local clone, although I don't know if that is the latest version:

The code is pretty awful with no test and hardcoded urls, but there was little time to get this all done.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

       Erik Jan

Re: Community Demos for FeedHenry and RHMAP

Juana Nakfour
Hi Summers/Everyone,

 It was great meeting you @Summit Summers... :-) Here are some links to my Summit 2017 presentation on "AI tools for Mobile". In summary, the application reads an RHMAP form, and sets up Intents and Entities at api.ai for a conversation on the mobile with regards to filling up the fields on the form by voice.

Part2 Mobile Application Demo Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ol7A-KwlYWNy1kcTJkOTdYZlE/view

Github repos

Thanks
Juana

[...]