Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

Ali Ok
Hi,

I created a video, demonstrating Prometheus auto discovery that is configured in metrics-apb[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_Xet-B1fY

This video is an educational video that doesn't use FH-Sync or any other FH-service as the metrics target. Instead, I wrote a very simple lightweight node application [2] that serves the purpose of experimenting with Prometheus on OpenShift better.

This video is something I prepared very quickly in addition to the video that will be made soon featuring the metrics solution [3].

Cheers,
Ali

Re: [aerogear-dev] Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

Matthias Wessendorf-2
nice !

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Ali Ok <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I created a video, demonstrating Prometheus auto discovery that is configured in metrics-apb[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_Xet-B1fY

This video is an educational video that doesn't use FH-Sync or any other FH-service as the metrics target. Instead, I wrote a very simple lightweight node application [2] that serves the purpose of experimenting with Prometheus on OpenShift better.

This video is something I prepared very quickly in addition to the video that will be made soon featuring the metrics solution [3].

Cheers,
Ali

Matthias Wessendorf

github: https://github.com/matzew
twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

David Martin
Nice Video Ali!
It really shows how easy it can be to start capturing metrics from your app.
That's 1 of the main goals of the Metrics Service

(The other main goal being the capture of metrics for mobile services like sync, push, keyclaok etc...)

IRC: @irldavem (#aerogear)

Re: Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

Matthias Wessendorf
for ups we have started to collect some simple metrics, and exposed via the annotation (in the apb)

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:40 PM, David Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

Paolo Haji de Carvalho Bueno
Awesome video!

Do you think it would be outside of the scope of the original example app to include the sample random metrics gauge and perhaps other metrics gathering?
I believe this could be a nice contribution to it.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Ali Ok <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I created a video, demonstrating Prometheus auto discovery that is configured in metrics-apb[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_Xet-B1fY

This video is an educational video that doesn't use FH-Sync or any other FH-service as the metrics target. Instead, I wrote a very simple lightweight node application [2] that serves the purpose of experimenting with Prometheus on OpenShift better.

This video is something I prepared very quickly in addition to the video that will be made soon featuring the metrics solution [3].

Cheers,
Ali

PAOLO HAJI

SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat Brasil

Re: Demo: Prometheus auto discovery

Ali Ok
Hi Paolo,

Good idea. I created an issue for that app: https://github.com/openshift/nodejs-ex/issues/161

Let's see what they think.

Cheers

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:31 PM, Paolo Haji <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Pavel Sturc
Hey Ali,

I haven't noticed any of your videos until now, because my clever Gmail filter was still throwing out all "aerogear-dev" emails to spam folder!
Nice and helpful videos! :)