Demo of Prometheus with kubernetes service discovery

Demo of Prometheus with kubernetes service discovery

Phil Brookes

Hey Everyone,

I have been investigating using Prometheus on Openshift to collect metrics on the services running there. I have also investigated using service discovery to make Prometheus aware of new services to collect metrics for as they are deployed.

This video is a demo of this work. I have also provided a gist of the Prometheus configuration settings that I used in in this demo.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Phil.

Re: Demo of Prometheus with kubernetes service discovery

Wei Li
Hi Phil,

Looks like the video is private?

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I have been investigating using Prometheus on Openshift to collect metrics on the services running there. I have also investigated using service discovery to make Prometheus aware of new services to collect metrics for as they are deployed.

This video is a demo of this work. I have also provided a gist of the Prometheus configuration settings that I used in in this demo.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Phil.

WEI LI

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat Mobile

[hidden email]    M: <a href="tel:+353862393272" style="color:rgb(0,136,206);font-size:11px;margin:0px" target="_blank">+353862393272

Re: Demo of Prometheus with kubernetes service discovery

Phil Brookes
Thanks Wei,

I have just made it accessible to everyone in Red Hat now!

Regards,
Phil.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Wei Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David Martin
That's excellent Phil!
Looks like a nice way to setup & configure Prometheus for any number of services

Some of the commands are hard to see as the bottom of the video was clipped for me,
but they scroll up the screen eventually

On 10 November 2017 at 14:21, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)

Re: Demo of Prometheus with kubernetes service discovery

Matthias Wessendorf
nice demo, Phil!

I think the video could be made public, especially it's shared on a public list ;-)

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Project lead AeroGear.org