Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

Phil Brookes

Hey Everyone,

If, like me, you already have recorded a demo video that you want to use in the scrum of scrums meeting then I have found a way to do this and have it display in good quality, with audio enabled.

First, you will need to upload your video to bluejeans, you can do this via the web-client, if you login to your red hat account at:
https://redhat.bluejeans.com/

Then click on videos at the top of the screen and upload your video. This can take quite a while, so it’s wise to do this as soon as possible.

To check that you will be able to show the video during the scrum of scrums meeting (some people tested with did not have the option). You will first need to be in the desktop app, accessing bluejeans via the browser does not have the option.

Once in the desktop app and connected to a meeting, click “Share Screen” and at the top you should have a “videos” option (if you do not, you will not be able to share your video), and under this option your uploaded video should be present as an option.

Any questions or comments, let me know!

Thanks,
Phil.

Re: Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

John Frizelle
Hi Phil,

How poor is the quality when playing a youtube video through BlueJeans - or is it the lack of audio that is the main challenge?

Thinking about community and being more open as we move forward, we will probably want to consider something other than BlueJeans for these meetings. I know AeroGear used to do public google hangouts - I'm guessing it would have better support for sharing/streaming videos from YouTube...

Cheers,
John.

--
John Frizelle
Chief Architect, Red Hat Mobile

mobile: <a href="tel://+353872901644" target="_blank">+353 87 290 1644
twitter: @johnfriz
skype: john_frizelle

On 24 January 2018 at 11:54, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

supittma
Administrator

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 5:54 AM, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Does this work with the linux app?  I just tried and the videos option didn't appear.

@Summers: it’s an Electron App, so i’d assume it’s identical on all platforms. When you click on ‚Share Screen‘ there are two tabs, one of then is ‚Videos‘. And you need to be logged in with the App for it to work.

@John: i uploaded the Video to Youtube and BlueJeans. Bluejeans only for the presentation today because that also works with sound.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:00 AM, John Frizelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Phil,

How poor is the quality when playing a youtube video through BlueJeans - or is it the lack of audio that is the main challenge?

Thinking about community and being more open as we move forward, we will probably want to consider something other than BlueJeans for these meetings. I know AeroGear used to do public google hangouts - I'm guessing it would have better support for sharing/streaming videos from YouTube...

So I think Hangouts on Air has been deprecated in favor of YouTube live which is more single person twitch style streaming instead of group meetings.  On AG we had the problem that we had more people than Hangouts would allow and we eventually moved to IRC meetings using meetbot, but we were experimenting with creating a webRTC client.

I *think* we can make our bluejeans videos and meetings public as well.

Cheers,
John.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 8:12 AM, Peter Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
@Summers: it’s an Electron App, so i’d assume it’s identical on all platforms. When you click on ‚Share Screen‘ there are two tabs, one of then is ‚Videos‘. And you need to be logged in with the App for it to work.

It works after manually updating the app.

[...]

Hey John,

My main concern with playing the video on YouTube through bluejeans is that the audio is not transmitted.

Like Peter, I uploaded my video to YouTube when I mailed the demo around earlier, and have duplicated it into bluejeans for the purpose of this demonstration.

Regards,
Phil.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:00 PM, John Frizelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Wojciech Trocki
How about we will just collect videos URL's and share them before?
It will be strange to be on the meeting to actually watch videos :)
It's strange for myself to have this conversation in the public list.

When we share links to demos on the list and mention new milestone it will work for both community and internal purposes
without mentioning meetings that community have no access to.

I think that feedhenry-dev should no longer be used (at least this is what I got from internal messages)
For aerogear emails we moved to google groups.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 1:56 PM, Phil Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Red Hat Mobile

IM: wtrocki

Re: Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

Vojtech Sazel
Maybe there is one more thing. Can we make one page (on github or somewhere) where all links on the videos are?
I got a little bit disconnected because of DevConf. Now I watched video from Pavel's about APB PR building and I'm in trouble of finding more.

Vojtech

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

VOJTĚCH SÁZEL

SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER, MOBILE QE

Red Hat

Remote Czech Republic

[hidden email]    IM: vsazel

Re: Demo videos via blue jeans for scrum of scrums meeting

pwright

Great idea Vojtech,

I'm wondering about a simple table of media, perhaps in the mobile-docs wiki, eg:

https://github.com/aerogear/mobile-docs/wiki/Video

Of course, I'd depend on  the AeroGear community to remove items if/when they become out of date,

thanks,

Paul

On 01/29/2018 08:41 AM, Vojtech Sazel wrote:
[...]

mobile: <a href="tel://+353872901644" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+353 87 290 1644
[...]

Paul Wright
Mobile Docs (github: finp)