[Discussion] Keycloak + Mobile + SDKs kickoff

[Discussion] Keycloak + Mobile + SDKs kickoff

supittma
Administrator
All,

I promised last week an email thread to kickoff the OAuth 2 feature discussion and here it is!  There are a lot of features that we can implement and use cases to support so this would be a good chance to get input from everyone to see what we want to include in the final feature.

First, we have some givens that I think we have buy in for.

* KeyCloak on OpenShift will power our 5.x mobile auth features.
* The existing mBaas APIs will be need an update to support the new auth service
* New client libraries will be provided (either an existing project will be adopted or greenfield)
* fh-$platform-sdk will be updated to support new client libraries to connect with KeyCloak
* The Oauth part of the solution should new require an embedded WebView (1)

Second, we have some ideas for features that are probably useful, but we need discussion and buy in

* IDE and developer tooling support (Ask me to demo Firebase's auth tooling integration)
* Native platform integration (IE system level account pickers instead of web browser redirects)
* PoC integration with the Mobile Control panel David and Craig are working on
* Support and integrations for WebSockets and fh-sync
* Pluggability with other auth systems

Finally, this email and thought has been from the client side perspective AND the perspective of the 5.x project.  We still have 3.x and 4.x, server side integrations, and ops concerns as well.  Feel free to add your thoughts here.

Summers

1: Google is actively blocking webviews for its OAuth flows.

Re: [Discussion] Keycloak + Mobile + SDKs kickoff

David Martin
This is probably the most relevant issue Keycloak on OpenShift for 5.x
It will depend on numerous other puzzle pieces before that issue can be done.

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)