KeyCloak shared accounts with Android

supittma
Administrator
A few years ago I made this demo, but I've dusted the bit rot off and updated it for 2017.

https://bluejeans.com/s/y5F5m

This demo shows how a single app or library can share a login token with multiple apps in Android.  In this case I've create a KeyCloak authentication provider which is shared with two demo applications.

After the demo part of the video we discuss some future things that can be done to make it better and other opportunities of extended functionality on Android as well as possible implementations on other platforms (specifically Gnome, Windows, and iOS).

Sources :

Note : The sources are a bit hardcoded for my machine.

Re: KeyCloak shared accounts with Android

Tom Jackman
Hi Summers,

Nice demo. One question, where are the tokens being stored, is it in the webview of the authenticator app or in the Android account manager?

Thanks,

Tom.

TOM JACKMAN

Red Hat Mobile

TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Tom Jackman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Summers,

Nice demo. One question, where are the tokens being stored, is it in the webview of the authenticator app or in the Android account manager?

The webview is storing a session cookie.  This cookie is not exposed by the app.
The token is stored in the Android Account manager, but it is accessed through the KeyCloakAccountAuthenticator class.  KeyCloakAccountAuthenticator loads, stores, validates, and updates data stored in the account manager.