Kotlin is officially supported in Android

Kotlin is officially supported in Android

supittma
Administrator
If you haven't heard, Kotlin is an officially supported language for Android development now.

I don't think this affects fh-android-sdk because it is compatible with Java projects.  However we might want to have a spike to create some templates or example applications using Kotlin that demonstrate how to use fh-android-sdk with a Kotlin application.

Any takers?

Summers

Re: Kotlin is officially supported in Android

Vojtech Sazel
I would like to volunteer on that. I really like Kotlin and I was using it at my last job for Android development.

Also it would be very interesting to see interop with JavaScript. You can use TypeScript definitions and convert them to Kotlin (https://github.com/Kotlin/ts2kt). It's still not perfect but it's a start.

V.

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you haven't heard, Kotlin is an officially supported language for Android development now.

I don't think this affects fh-android-sdk because it is compatible with Java projects.  However we might want to have a spike to create some templates or example applications using Kotlin that demonstrate how to use fh-android-sdk with a Kotlin application.

Any takers?

Summers

VOJTĚCH SÁZEL

SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEER, MOBILE QE

Red Hat

Remote Czech Republic

[hidden email]    IM: vsazel

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Vojtech Sazel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to volunteer on that. I really like Kotlin and I was using it at my last job for Android development.

Sweet!

Maybe https://github.com/feedhenry-templates/welcome-android-gradle would be a fun one that poke at?  It has a bunch of small parts that can be used as a showcase and it touches most of the APIs.

[...]

I have modified blank Java Android FH template, so it's now in Kotlin. Check it out here: https://github.com/wojta/blank-android-kotlin-gradle
I'll be investigating further on if it's also possible to use with JavaScript and as I'm QE so how to use it in testing.

Vojtech