Looking for someone with fh-mbaas-express knowledge

Looking for someone with fh-mbaas-express knowledge

David Ffrench
Hi All,

I am looking to talk to someone with a high knowledge of the https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express codebase. Specifically around the use of the multer module.

Due to a security vulnerability, i need to upgrade the version of multer from 0.1.8 to 1.0.0 which breaks the app due to a breaking change in the multer api. This will require code modifications in fh-mbaas-express to resolve.

There are only 2 locations in the app that multer is used but due to the way it's api has changed, there could be more code modifications required.

Any help of guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

DAVID FFRENCH

senior software engineer, RED HAT MOBILE

Red Hat Waterford

Communications House, Cork Road

Waterford, Ireland

Re: Looking for someone with fh-mbaas-express knowledge

John Frizelle
Hi David,

I have had a look through the code and as far as I can tell, the changes are relatively straight forward. There are 3 places where an additional parameter is required in a route definition:

- https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/master/lib/cloud/cloud.js#L45
In all 3 cases, we need to add upload.any() as the middle param - this will put any uploaded files in a files array, which is what is expected in the rest of the code [1].

Regards,
John.

--
John Frizelle
Chief Architect, Red Hat Mobile

mobile: <a href="tel://+353872901644" target="_blank">+353 87 290 1644
twitter: @johnfriz
skype: john_frizelle

On 12 October 2017 at 17:54, David Ffrench <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

After modifying the code weeks ago, i finally have time to come back and manually test this change E2E. I have tested the multer changes with the forms endpoints and it is working as expected. Unfortunately i have not been able to find what uses the following endpoints for file upload. I am hoping someone else will know.

Does anyone know what uses these endpoints in `fh-mbaas-express` for file upload?

Kind Regards,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 8:39 AM, David Ffrench <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

David Martin
Hey David,

In the first link, it looks like its a generic handler for if you had a main.js file? For helping migrating from FH2 to FH3.
In the second link, it looks to be doing some authentication check for every request.

You may find more info by looking at the history of that module before it was made public.
(Apologies for the private repo link https://github.com/fheng/fh-mbaas-express)

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)

Re: Looking for someone with fh-mbaas-express knowledge

David Ffrench
Hey David,

This is great info, thank you very much.