MCP: make clean errors (on Feodra 26)

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi,

when doing a 'make clean', I am getting also some errors that the script can not remove all stuff:

+ sudo rm -rf /home/Matthias/go/src/github.com/feedhenry/mcp-standalone/ui/openshift-pvs
make: *** [Makefile:64: clean] Error 1

Rebooting my machine does fix this ..   - anyone had the same ?

-M

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: MCP: make clean errors (on Feodra 26)

David Martin
Hey Matthias,

I have seen this. I haven't looked into it other than checking the folder permissions, but couldn't see anything obviously wrong.
It hasn't caused any issues for me though.

I would typically do a clean (with the above errors), then a re-run of the ansible installer, which brings up a fresh cluster OK. No need to restart.

For more info on when this change was added to the clean script, see https://github.com/feedhenry/mcp-standalone/pull/88

On 11 October 2017 at 13:06, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

when doing a 'make clean', I am getting also some errors that the script can not remove all stuff:

+ sudo rm -rf /home/Matthias/go/src/github.com/feedhenry/mcp-standalone/ui/openshift-pvs
make: *** [Makefile:64: clean] Error 1

Rebooting my machine does fix this ..   - anyone had the same ?

-M

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)

Re: MCP: make clean errors (on Feodra 26)

Damien Murphy
Hey Matthias,

Had the same issue with OpenShift not unmounting the pods properly - you can unmount the pods manually by running `sudo umount` on each of the problematic pods. Once I did that I could run a `make clean` without issue,

Damien

No worries Matthias, it seems it may be a known issue where pods/ volumes don't always unmount properly. Gist with a filthy one-liner I used - https://gist.github.com/damienomurchu/0510507067ed0ba1b6a5412e1e54a274 :-)

On 11 October 2017 at 13:39, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat Mobile

IM: damurphy