Mitigating ML problems

John Frizelle
Hi All,

Until such time as we get confirmation that the problems with delivery to the arergrear-dev ML have been fixed (or we migrate from mailman to a public google group for the ML), can I ask that ALL mail sent to the aerogear-dev ML is also sent to the other 2 MLs on this thread - feedhenry-dev and mobile-dev.

I know this is a bit of a pain, but it's even more painful to not have mails delivered in a timely fashion.

I know there has been suggestions made to move from mailman to Google Groups already, but not sure where these discussions are at... Is there anything preventing us making this jump - the mailman ML problem has been ongoing for quite some time now with no resolution in sight that I am aware of, so perhaps it's time to look at moving to Google Groups?

Cheers,
John.

--
John Frizelle
Chief Architect, Red Hat Mobile

mobile: <a href="tel://+353872901644" target="_blank">+353 87 290 1644
twitter: @johnfriz
skype: john_frizelle

Re: Mitigating ML problems

Craig Brookes
Have no strong opinions on this whatever works is ok with me

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 4:35 PM, John Frizelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

RHMAP
@maleck13 Github

Re: Mitigating ML problems

Wojciech Trocki
We can create google groups account and trail that for a while along with aerogear-dev by suppling both addresses.

Possible problem with migration is that we may need to decide if we want to migrate some of the existing emails to this group.
Additional risk is that google can retire this service but that is unlikely to happen.

IMHO if we make this decision best to do it as soon as possible before we will have a lots of mobile.next emails on aerogear-dev group.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Craig Brookes <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

WOJCIECH TROCKI

Red Hat Mobile

IM: wtrocki

Re: [aerogear-dev] Mitigating ML problems

Matthias Wessendorf-2
I am perfectly fine w/ moving toward google groups

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 5:35 PM, John Frizelle <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Matthias Wessendorf

github: https://github.com/matzew
twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [aerogear-dev] Mitigating ML problems

Wojciech Trocki
Leaving small update here.
New group was created by Matthias today.
Email:

Group web panel:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aerogear

We can include it now when creating new topics for aerogear and decide to move at some point if we find it better/ more stable.

Regards

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

pwright

I'm posting now to the google group.

Should I be cc'ing feedhenry-dev and mobile-dev still?

Paul

On 01/10/2018 04:35 PM, John Frizelle wrote:
[...]

mobile: <a href="tel://+353872901644" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+353 87 290 1644
twitter: @johnfriz
skype: john_frizelle

Paul Wright
Mobile Docs (github: finp)

Re: Mitigating ML problems

Matthias Wessendorf
mobile-dev is an internal one, while feedhenry-dev is a public list - I'd not mix internal and external lists, since the internal ones are not visible for community users

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Paul Wright <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Project lead AeroGear.org