Opening up our MCP comms

Jason Madigan
Hi all,

I wanted to shoot an email to list to let folks know that we're going to be making some changes to communication around our Mobile.Next() efforts, particularly around opening up discussion and comms from our MCP team. From here on out, I'd like to propose that we send the following things from the MCP team to this open list:

- Decisions (e.g. sprint focus changes from the MCP team, direction changes, big tech/approach changes etc.)
- Sprint Boundary updates (e.g. Sprint End & Sprint Start)
- Team changes (e.g. membership, cross-functional initiatives)

If folks have strong opinions about what not to use an ML for, obviously feel free to discuss in this open forum. It's always a balancing act between signal and noise here, so hoping that we'll be able to strike the right balance with our open comms so that we don't lean too much towards the latter.

Thanks,

- Jason

--
Jason Madigan
Engineering Manager, Red Hat Mobile

Re: Opening up our MCP comms

Matthias Wessendorf
Hey Jason,

IMO these items are perfectly fine and make sure that _important_ discussions are persisted / summarized on ML.
For more chatters there is always IRC ;-)

-M

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM, Jason Madigan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: Opening up our MCP comms

Leigh Griffin
+1 I think it's great to be open and as we involve more products from an interlock perspective the ML becomes the natural convergence point. It's also a good exercise to figure out our Agile model in the open and figure out how to effectively run our Sprints in that manner. While I expect hiccups, we will resolve them and will give ourselves an opportunity to share this with other teams how we work. That level of transparency can only be a good thing :)

Leigh

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Jason Madigan <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

LEIGH GRIFFIN

ENGINEERING MANAGER, MOBILE

Red Hat Ireland

Communications House, Cork Road

Waterford City, Ireland X91NY33

[hidden email]    M: <a href="tel:+353877545162" style="color:rgb(0,136,206);font-size:11px;margin:0px" target="_blank">+353877545162     IM: lgriffin