Push Server Metrics to capture

David Martin
There are 2 metrics already captured in the push server metrics endpoint.
More info here
Related trello with more info on the story [1]

I'm interested in any suggestions on what else could/should be included in the metrics endpoint.

CPU/RAM will already be captured by heapster in openshift

Any thoughts on using the same approach as keycloak & including default exports
?

Is there anything else specific to administering a push server that would be useful?

IRC: @irldavem (#aerogear)

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push Server Metrics to capture

Matthias Wessendorf-2
+1 on DefaultExports usage

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 11:43 AM, David Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are 2 metrics already captured in the push server metrics endpoint.
More info here
Related trello with more info on the story [1]

I'm interested in any suggestions on what else could/should be included in the metrics endpoint.

CPU/RAM will already be captured by heapster in openshift

Any thoughts on using the same approach as keycloak & including default exports
?

Is there anything else specific to administering a push server that would be useful?

IRC: @irldavem (#aerogear)

Matthias Wessendorf

github: https://github.com/matzew
twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: Push Server Metrics to capture

Peter Braun
One of the captured metrics is ‚push_requests_total‘. It would be nice to add a label here to group by platform, e.g. ‚push_requests_total{platform=„android“} = 5.0‘

About the default metrics. They are free and i think we should include them just to have the same behavior in our metrics endpoints as much as possible.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Peter Braun <[hidden email]> wrote:
One of the captured metrics is ‚push_requests_total‘. It would be nice to add a label here to group by platform, e.g. ‚push_requests_total{platform=„android“} = 5.0‘

+1  we could do that, instead (or in addition)

About the default metrics. They are free and i think we should include them just to have the same behavior in our metrics endpoints as much as possible.

+1

Am 22.01.2018 um 11:43 schrieb David Martin <[hidden email]>:

There are 2 metrics already captured in the push server metrics endpoint.
More info here
Related trello with more info on the story [1]

I'm interested in any suggestions on what else could/should be included in the metrics endpoint.

CPU/RAM will already be captured by heapster in openshift

Any thoughts on using the same approach as keycloak & including default exports
?

Is there anything else specific to administering a push server that would be useful?

IRC: @irldavem (#aerogear)

Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: [aerogear-dev] Push Server Metrics to capture

Matthias Wessendorf
I think that's a completely different beast, since more for profiling - while still useful, to bring in to learn more

check the cards in the trello there is one that might fit for pinpoint