RHMAP storage service

Wojciech Trocki
Hi everyone

As part of community developer initiative we were planning to figure out how to unify file storage solutions in the platform. This feature was often mentioned by various platform and app developers [1] as very important requirement. This led to many custom storage implementations. Thanks to mongo and gridfs we can easily store and retrieve files. Created project can be added to the platform as service or cloud app - depending on developer needs. Code is public so everyone is welcome to contribute. Please note that this is community project and it's not part of standard the platform offering at the moment.

Source code and documentation:

[1] http://feedhenry-dev.2363497.n4.nabble.com/Any-idea-of-support-file-storage-in-Dyno-td26.html

Regards
--
Wojciech Trocki
Software EngineerRed Hat Mobile

Re: RHMAP storage service

Paolo Haji
I'm not sure it would be possible to add it to the platform, but doesn't CouchDB (and perhaps others) already have large file storage available also with a good http api on top of it?

Might be worth a look even if just for inspiration for api design.