Stack Overflow import script demonstration

Stack Overflow import script demonstration

supittma
Administrator

Re: Stack Overflow import script demonstration

Leigh Griffin
Looks really great, love the idea and the outreach opportunities.

Custom field is now live and available on all our usual projects. If you find quirks on the MBT project let me know, JIRA maze is fun to navigate for a relatively straightforward change like that :)

Leigh

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Leigh Griffin
Engineering Manager,
Red Hat,
Waterford,
Ireland

Re: Stack Overflow import script demonstration

Matthias Wessendorf
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Leigh Griffin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looks really great, love the idea and the outreach opportunities.

Custom field is now live and available on all our usual projects. If you find quirks on the MBT project let me know, JIRA maze is fun to navigate for a relatively straightforward change like that :)

Leigh

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

Leigh Griffin
Engineering Manager,
Red Hat,
Waterford,
Ireland

Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: Stack Overflow import script demonstration

Corinne Krych
Does it mean we go the route to encourage people to ask on stackoverflow and close the 'user' mailing list?
Nice demo Summers!
++
Corinne

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does it mean we go the route to encourage people to ask on stackoverflow and close the 'user' mailing list?

So for AeroGear someone in the community had made that label.  I think the user list is a good thing to still have for that project because users are there.

For FeedHenry we don't have a user list or a label in Stack Overflow.  However, people are asking SO questions about FeedHenry (sans tag) and we want to record, track, and respond to those.

This is part of a larger effort to actually define how we respond to the community of the FH project.  AeroGear got the feature because it has a SO tag already.

Nice demo Summers!
++

On 8 December 2016 at 22:35, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does it mean we go the route to encourage people to ask on stackoverflow and close the 'user' mailing list?

So for AeroGear someone in the community had made that label.  I think the user list is a good thing to still have for that project because users are there.

For FeedHenry we don't have a user list

we do:

It's the dev one not the user one:

[...]

Did not know about that list, since it's lacking here:

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: Stack Overflow import script demonstration

Corinne Krych
Sorry I meant this one does not exist
 So as Summers was suggested it makes sense of using SO

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:04 AM, Corinne Krych <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry I meant this one does not exist
 So as Summers was suggested it makes sense of using SO

Correct.  Thanks, Corinne