Template Cleanup

pwright
RFC on a new Template naming scheme

Hi,

Template names should be consistent and provide just enough information
for user to understand context.
Details can be included in description (eg whether the resulting app
will echo ‘hello world’), or in the category.

Proposal 1
[RHMAP*](Technology...)[<level>](Project|Cloud App|Client App|Forms
App)[<purpose in terms of tech>]

*  Indicates official support, distinguishes template from customer
template

For example
RHMAP iOS Swift Starter Client App
RHMAP iOS Objective-C Client App  for SAML

Proposal 2
[Red Hat*](Technology...)[<level>](Project|Cloud App|Client App|Forms
App)[<purpose in english>]

*  Indicates official support, distinguishes template from
customer/upstream template

For example:
Red Hat iOS Swift SAML Example Client App to demonstrate Authentication
Red Hat Cordova Starter Forms App

loosely relates to
http://feedhenry-dev.2363497.n4.nabble.com/Renaming-Hello-World-Temapltes-td28.html

Paul

Re: Template Cleanup

Karel Piwko
Thanks Paul,

I personally like proposal 2 more - I believe the stress on what we want to achieve rather than on how we want to achieve it is better.

Cheers,

Karel

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 4:22 PM, paul wright <[hidden email]> wrote:
RFC on a new Template naming scheme

Hi,

Template names should be consistent and provide just enough information for user to understand context.
Details can be included in description (eg whether the resulting app will echo ‘hello world’), or in the category.

Proposal 1
[RHMAP*](Technology...)[<level>](Project|Cloud App|Client App|Forms App)[<purpose in terms of tech>]

*  Indicates official support, distinguishes template from customer template

For example
RHMAP iOS Swift Starter Client App
RHMAP iOS Objective-C Client App  for SAML

Proposal 2
[Red Hat*](Technology...)[<level>](Project|Cloud App|Client App|Forms App)[<purpose in english>]

*  Indicates official support, distinguishes template from customer/upstream template