What happened to hello world project?

Wojciech Trocki
Hi

I recently noticed that our "Hello World" project template has now much more apps than before.
Previous version had just standard cloud app and cordova mobile app, which was perfect starter for demos and testing.

Change was introduced here[1] and it's fine to have it, but I think we may need another starter template with 2 apps or maybe should we document this in release notes?

Regards

Wojciech Trocki
Software EngineerRed Hat Mobile

Re: What happened to hello world project?

supittma
Administrator
Before if a user wanted to have a Android hello world app and an iOS hello world app they would end up with two separate cloud apps running when they all shared the same backend.  We removed all of the individual hello world projects and combined them into one where the user could select all of the platforms she was interested in.

This came from an analysis that found that we had hundreds of default hello world applications running which weren't really doing anything other than taking up space and was an attempt to mitigate that.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I recently noticed that our "Hello World" project template has now much more apps than before.
Previous version had just standard cloud app and cordova mobile app, which was perfect starter for demos and testing.

Change was introduced here[1] and it's fine to have it, but I think we may need another starter template with 2 apps or maybe should we document this in release notes?

Regards

Wojciech Trocki
Software EngineerRed Hat Mobile

Re: What happened to hello world project?

Corinne Krych

On 7 February 2017 at 03:03, Summers Pittman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Before if a user wanted to have a Android hello world app and an iOS hello world app they would end up with two separate cloud apps running when they all shared the same backend.  We removed all of the individual hello world projects and combined them into one where the user could select all of the platforms she was interested in.

This came from an analysis that found that we had hundreds of default hello world applications running which weren't really doing anything other than taking up space and was an attempt to mitigate that.

Besides I think now the default is to not enable the native client app.
so project is eventually created with only 2 apps

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Wojciech Trocki <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I recently noticed that our "Hello World" project template has now much more apps than before.
Previous version had just standard cloud app and cordova mobile app, which was perfect starter for demos and testing.

Change was introduced here[1] and it's fine to have it, but I think we may need another starter template with 2 apps or maybe should we document this in release notes?

Regards

Wojciech Trocki
Software EngineerRed Hat Mobile

Re: What happened to hello world project?

David Martin
Hey Wojciech,

the parent (epic) has the relevant label to ensure the downstream/rhmap release takes this into consideration for release notes

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)