local apb development

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi,

when wanting to do 'apb push' (e.g. via our Makefile), as the 'developer' on openshift, you need to (locally) grant him 'cluster-admin' role.

Phil and I ran into some issues earlier this week, and w/ the #asbroker folks we sorted it.

Here is how:
```
oc login -u system:admin
oc adm policy add-cluster-role-to-user cluster-admin developer
```

This at least does apply to the ''docker.io/ansibleplaybookbundle/apb:latest" image and our master (running 139.1 ASB on Openshift 370-rc0)

Anyone similar experience?

Cheers,
Matthias

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: local apb development

David Martin
I've seen errors at the end running of the 3scale apb 'make'.
This sounds like the exact problem I saw.
It didn't block me as the apb image was already pushed to my docker hub repository,
but I did need to manually redeploy the asb (and re-create the etcd pv) to pick up on the change.

If the role is added to 'developer', will that mean the broker will get updated with the new apb image locally when doing a 'make' ?

On 23 November 2017 at 21:08, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

when wanting to do 'apb push' (e.g. via our Makefile), as the 'developer' on openshift, you need to (locally) grant him 'cluster-admin' role.

Phil and I ran into some issues earlier this week, and w/ the #asbroker folks we sorted it.

Here is how:
```
oc login -u system:admin
oc adm policy add-cluster-role-to-user cluster-admin developer
```

This at least does apply to the ''docker.io/ansibleplaybookbundle/apb:latest" image and our master (running 139.1 ASB on Openshift 370-rc0)

Anyone similar experience?

Cheers,
Matthias

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)

Re: local apb development

Phil Brookes

Hey Dave,

Yeah if the apb push works then your local catalog get’s the updated apb.yml metadata without having to respin the entire local cluster.

Regards,
Phil.