size of openshift ?

Matthias Wessendorf
Hi,

I had like 15 GB of data in here:
/var/lib/origin/openshift.local.pv/registry/docker/registry/v2/blobs/sha256

wondering.... if that is never cleaned up, or does one run a scipt ?

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

Re: size of openshift ?

David Martin
I'm not aware of anything in 'oc cluster' that cleans up the pvs.

For the mcp local setup, the directory is different so that the clean script can clean up those dirs.
It's $MCP_DIR/ui/openshift-pvs

On 27 October 2017 at 07:45, Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I had like 15 GB of data in here:
/var/lib/origin/openshift.local.pv/registry/docker/registry/v2/blobs/sha256

wondering.... if that is never cleaned up, or does one run a scipt ?

--
Project lead AeroGear.org

IRC: @irldavem (feedhenry, mobile-internal)

Re: size of openshift ?

Gerard Ryan
Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I had like 15 GB of data in here:
> /var/lib/origin/openshift.local.pv/registry/docker/registry/v2/blobs/sha256
>
> wondering.... if that is never cleaned up, or does one run a scipt ?

Any idea why the space grows so large?

This might not be relevant, but if it's accumulating image/container
layers for builds from BuildConfigs over time, there are new properties
you can add to the BuildConfigSpec to limit the number of builds that
will be kept, namely 'successfulBuildsHistoryLimit' and
'failedBuildsHistoryLimit'.

E.g. like we do here:
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-pipeline-library/blob/eb60354b4d9fb06db4134ef3cd9cb87fc5f74a7f/vars/buildWithDockerStrategy.groovy#L20..L21

Re: size of openshift ?

Matthias Wessendorf

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Gerard Ryan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Matthias Wessendorf <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I had like 15 GB of data in here:
> /var/lib/origin/openshift.local.pv/registry/docker/registry/v2/blobs/sha256
>
> wondering.... if that is never cleaned up, or does one run a scipt ?

Any idea why the space grows so large?

Big data! ;-)

This might not be relevant, but if it's accumulating image/container
layers for builds from BuildConfigs over time, there are new properties
you can add to the BuildConfigSpec to limit the number of builds that
will be kept, namely 'successfulBuildsHistoryLimit' and
'failedBuildsHistoryLimit'.

E.g. like we do here:
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-pipeline-library/blob/eb60354b4d9fb06db4134ef3cd9cb87fc5f74a7f/vars/buildWithDockerStrategy.groovy#L20..L21

ah, that could be handy - thanks